Friday, October 30

Welcome to my little experiment!

I have taken part in Nanowrimo three times before, and only completing it once. So when I thought about entering this year I decided to things a little differently! You see I love writing. I don't really care whether anyone thinks I am any good as I am usually my own worst critic, but there is one thing I am bad...really bad...at and that is actually finishing work. Even the one year taking part in Nanowrimo that did yield 50,000 words and past the target it didn't yield a finsihed story because I wrote more earlier in the planned story than I had anticipated and still to this day haven't finished it up.

So that being the case this year I have decided to do it a little more publically. Namely by publishing the chapters as I go throughout the month. I am hoping that it will both give me some motivation to keep going if I know someone is reading (one of you will be enough for me) and any inspiration from comments or suggestions as people (or person, again not shooting too high here) read along.

There is also the story itself. This is actually going to be a story that I first sketched out and wrote some snippets for over eight years ago now. I have just never forced myself to find the time to pull it together into something coherent. So I figured that this year was a good opportunity to take that story and finally let loose on it and hopefully turn it into something worthwhile.

Usually I edit my writing...a lot...so this will be an interesting experiment in that regard as well. Even when I have done this in previous years I always felt I couldn't show anyone what I wrote during Nanowrimo because it was unedited, it was raw, and I feared it was awful. So this is one factor that still has me doubting this is a good idea, but I really want to tell this particular story and well, I need to kick myself up the rear sometimes and force some forward momentum out of myself!

So this is it, forward momentum!

A slight dislaimer upfront as well, I do still have many of the original snippets I wrote for this story so I will be aiming for more than the 50,000 words if possible, only because I have some written already as my posts today will demonstrate there is already a prologue and a first chapter and scatterings of some other stages later on in the story (if they remain in the story as I write this time!)

The story by the way is called FATE Inc and I hope you enjoy it! (or at least what I finish of it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment